Retailer Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice (this “Notice”) explains how Retailer (“we”, “us”, “our”, and “Retailer”) collects, uses and shares information about individuals who visit our websites that display or link to this Notice, view our advertisements, or interact with our services (the “Services”). Your use of our Services constitutes your acceptance of this Notice.
This Notice does not apply to any other product or service provided by Retailer that is covered by a separate privacy notice.
QUICK GUIDE TO CONTENTS
- What Information Do We Collect About You?
- How Do We Use Information About You?
- When Do We Share Personal Information with Others?
- What Choices Do You Have?
- Your California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) Rights
- How Do We Protect Your Personal Information?
- How Long Do We Maintain Your Personal Information?
- Who Can You Contact with Questions or Concerns?
- What About Changes to This Notice?
1. What Information Do We Collect About You?
There are several ways we may obtain information about you, including from:
- You directly;
- Third party service providers; and
- Tracking technologies.
When information identifies or is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with you or your household, we refer to it as “Personal Information.” This Personal Information may include the following categories:
- Identifiers/Contact Information: These may include your name, postal and e-mail address, phone number, and unique identifiers that may identify your device or browser, but not you by name.
- Commercial Information: Your Services usage history and goods and service preferences.
- Internet/Electronic Activity: Your geolocation information, IP address, web/app browsing and search history related to our Services, and information regarding your interaction(s) with the Services or advertising.
- Profile Inferences: The inferences that we draw from your Personal Information and web activity to create a personalized profile so we can better identify goods and services that may be of interest.
We also work with various types of data that are de-identified or aggregated, and not reasonably capable of being associated with, or reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with you or your household. This data is not Personal Information.
A. Personal Information You Provide
We collect and keep Personal Information you give to us, including: your name, service address, e-mail address, telephone number, and other account information. We may also collect and keep other information, such as customer service interactions.
B. Personal Information We Collect Automatically
When you use our Services, we may automatically collect usage information. Usage information may include application usage data and logs, including device type and ID, IP address, and location information. This usage information may be in various formats (electronic, audio, and other).
C. Personal Information We Collect From Third-Parties
We also may receive information about you and your household from third parties such as DISH Network, our service providers, and other data companies to enhance or supplement our Services. This information may allow us to send you promotions that interest you or serve advertisements to you that match your interests and concerns.
D. Children’s Information
Protecting children’s privacy is important to us. We do not direct the Services to, nor do we knowingly collect any personal information from, children under the age of sixteen. If we learn that a child under the age of sixteen has provided personal information through the Services, we will use reasonable efforts to remove such information from our files.
2. How Do We Use Information About You?
We use information we’ve collected and received from and about you (“Information About You”) primarily for business or commercial activities, which may include:
- managing your account;
- offering promotions or ads, providing programming recommendations, and marketing our Services;
- understanding your use of our Services in order to consider improving them;
- obtaining user surveys, recommendations and reviews;
- detecting fraud and unauthorized use of our Services;
- determining whether applicable policies and terms of service are being violated;
- configuring or providing satellite television service-related devices;
- maintaining our do not contact lists;
- complying with law; and
- other uses as necessary to provide our Services.
We may combine the various information we collect and receive from and about you, including account information, personal information, usage information, as well as information collected offline, across other computers or devices that you may use, and from third-party sources.
3. When Do We Share Personal Information with Others?
A. With DISH Network
When you sign up for DISH Network services, we will share your personal information with DISH Network to facilitate the sign-up process, manage your account, and provide the requested services. We may also share your personal information with DISH Network to improve our Services, troubleshoot your account, or as otherwise disclosed to you.
B. With Service Providers
We may share information about you to companies that work for or provide Services to us or to DISH Network, such as subcontractors and marketing companies.
We also may share information collected or received from or about you in de-identified and/or aggregate formats. We may share this with companies that collect and compile consumer data, including those that create reports about what programs people watch.
C. For Corporate Transactions
D. Legal Obligations/Safety
We may be required by law to comply with a valid legal process, such as a subpoena, court order, or search warrant, or where there is a lawful request, to disclose information about you (including personal information) without your consent or notice. We may also be required to disclose personal information to a third party or governmental entity in response to a court order. If the court order is sought by a governmental entity, you should be afforded the opportunity to appear and contest in a court proceeding relevant to the court order any claims made in support of the court order. We may disclose your Personal Information to protect the security of our Services, servers, network systems, and databases.
E. To Enforce Legal Rights
We may also share information about you (including personal information) to protect our customers, employees, or property; in emergency situations; to investigate, prevent, or take other action regarding suspected illegal activity, fraud, or other wrongdoing; and to enforce our rights under our terms of service and policies, in court or elsewhere.
F. With Your Consent or At Your Request
We also may share your information as disclosed to you at the time of collection, or as requested by you.
4. What Choices Do You Have?
A. Cookies and Do Not Track
Certain parts of our Services require cookies. You may adjust your device or Internet browser settings to limit certain tracking or to decline cookies, but by doing so, you may not be automatically recognized upon revisiting and may not be able to use certain features of the Service or take full advantage of all of our offerings. Please refer to your device’s settings or your Internet browser’s “Help” section for more information on how to delete and/or disable your device or browser from receiving cookies or controlling your tracking preferences.
B. Interest-Based Advertising/Addressable Advertising Choices
To understand your choices for receiving more relevant online advertising, please review the information below:
To learn more about interest-based advertising, and to opt out of collection and use of information about your online activities for interest-based advertising by the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA) participating companies, please visit http://www.aboutads.info/choices/. To opt out of targeted advertising through mobile applications, please visit https://youradchoices.com/appchoices
Even if you opt out, you will still receive advertising from Retailer and third parties. You may also still receive advertising from us that is not customized based on your usage information.
C. Other Choices Concerning the Use and Disclosure of Your Information
You also may choose to limit certain collection or disclosure of your information as follows:
- You may ask to be removed from our mailing list by contacting us in writing at the mailing address listed in the contact section below.
- You may ask to be removed from the DISH Network mailing list by visiting https://www.dish.com/donotcontact/dish/
We reserve the right to request that you provide information to confirm your identity. We may not be able to correct or delete information shared with third parties. Pursuant to applicable law, we may be entitled to refuse to act on the request.
5. Your California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) Rights
Categories of Personal Information Sold
In the last 12 months, we have sold Identifiers/Contact Information, Internet/Electronic Activity, and Inferences to data analytics providers and business partners.
We do not knowingly sell Personal Information about persons under the age of 16.
Categories of Personal Information Disclosed
In the last 12 months, Retailer has disclosed Identifiers/Contact Information and Commercial Information to DISH Network at your direction to coordinate the set-up of your Services.
Access and Deletion Requests
California residents have the right to know what Personal Information that Retailer collected, disclosed, and sold about them. In particular, they may:
Request, up to two times each year, that we disclose to you:
- the categories and specific pieces of Personal Information that we collected about you in the preceding 12 months, the business purpose for such collection, and corresponding categories of sources from which we collected the information;
- the categories of Personal Information, and the categories of third parties to whom we disclosed your Personal Information in the preceding 12 months, and the business or commercial purpose for such disclosure; and
- the categories of Personal Information and the categories of third parties to whom we sold your Personal Information in the preceding 12 months, and the commercial purpose for such sale.
Request that we delete any Personal Information that we have collected from or about you. Note that there are some reasons we will not be able to fully address your request, such as if we need to complete a transaction for you, to detect and protect against fraudulent and illegal activity, to exercise our rights, for our internal purposes, or to comply with a legal obligation.
To take advantage of any of these rights, please contact us at through the “Contact Us” form and/or email provided on our website. We may request certain information to verify your identity before we can respond to your access and deletion requests. We value your privacy and will not discriminate in response to your exercise of your privacy rights. We will confirm receipt of your request within 10 business days and will respond to your request within 45 calendar days, after proper verification, unless we need additional time, in which case we will let you know.
To opt out of the sale of your Personal Information, please click on the Do Not Sell My Personal Information link on our website footer or provided here. We will comply with your opt-out request within 15 business days.
You may authorize someone to make a privacy rights request on your behalf (an authorized agent). Authorized agents will need to demonstrate that you’ve authorized them to act on your behalf, and that they are registered with the California Secretary of State to conduct business in California, or must demonstrate they have power of attorney pursuant to applicable probate law. We retain the right to request confirmation directly from you confirming that the agent is authorized to make such a request, or to request additional information to confirm the agent’s identity. An authorized agent is prohibited from using a consumer’s personal information, or any information collected from or about the consumer, for any purpose other than to fulfill the consumer’s requests, for verification, or for fraud prevention.
6. How Do We Protect Your Personal Information?
7. How Long Do We Maintain Your Personal Information?
We maintain personal information about you in our regular business records while you are a customer or inquire as to our products or services, and for some period thereafter to satisfy legal or tax requirements, for fraud prevention, or for business purposes.
8. Who Can You Contact with Questions or Concerns?
If you have any questions or concerns regarding this Notice, or our privacy practices, please contact us through the “Contact Us” page and/or email address provided on our website.
9. What About Changes to This Notice?
We may modify this Notice at any time. We will notify you of any material changes through written, electronic, or other means as permitted by law.
Version: November 2020